Cement is supposed to be the most essential element of any construction since it is vital in holding the structure together firmly. That’s the reason why it is essential to select high quality cement that could guarantee the durability of a building project.
On the quality of cement depends the strength of the concrete, the base of any building project.
Is your provider reliable?
A builder must thoroughly plan and look at the precise requirement of your project.Only then will he be able to zero in on a fantastic building material supplier who can deliver him the best cement for building. A supplier who’s really dedicated to providing excellence in regards to quality of cement and service will certainly have the ability to back his claims with real understanding. His previous clients’ testimonials will also function to be useful in knowing his reputation as a provider, as well as his experience in providing high quality cement. Such a supplier can be a trusted bet in building a durable structure. The builder may also measure his performance so far by the quality of his branding and marketing.
If a construction material supplier is famous,it’s mostly because he has been consistently supplying appropriate material. There is a practice among ordinary suppliers to provide cement mixed with external elements. This mixing dilutes the quality of the cement and is risky for construction. Therefore it is always safe to look for a reputed provider before and invest just when you are positive that the cement you’re buying is of high quality and the best cement for building.
It is recommended that the builder puts in a little effort in exploring to discover where a reputable supplier with guaranteed quality service can be found.Proper research, which includes meticulous inspection of a supplier’s work, ensures that you do not get dazed by only a flashy branding exercise.
1. White: This is formed when it’s freed of colouring oxides such as manganese, iron, and chlorium. This is manufactured using oil, rather than coal, as fuel. This is mostly used for plastering, finishing and decorating such as marbles or glazed tiles’ fixing.
2. Coloured: Regular cement is given colors by intimately mixing pigments with it. Chlorium oxide, for example makes it green, Cobalt creates blue, Iron oxide makes it brown, red or yellow depending upon the proportion used. Their use is to give desired colors to walls, floors, and window sills.
3. Low Heat: This can be made specifically for huge concrete works. While constructing dams, for instance, the heat created because of hydration of cement can harm the construction. Low heat cement, which comprises only 5% of tricalcium aluminate and 46 percent dicalcium silicate, can manage to maintain the construction intact.
4. Quick Setting: This is formed by including a little aluminium sulphate after reducing the quantity of its gypsum. It’s further finely grinded to enhance its quick setting property. Living up to its title, it begins setting within 5 minutes, literally, as soon as you start adding water. By half n hour, it is fairly hard. This is used to block hold water that is static or slowly running.
5. Rapid Hardening: This is produced by burning at a high temperature with greater lime content.
Do a quick field test of the cement you are going to use by checking:
– the date printed on the cement bag for freshness
– its smoothness by rubbing it between fingers
– whether it floats in water for a while before sinking
– uniformity of its color
– whether there are any lumps due to moisture
Making sure that the cement used is the best cement for construction is a builder’s responsibility, not his prerogative. He is morally and legally obliged to utilize high quality cement, for it is going to determine the safety of the people that are going to live and work in the construction.